1. State of Kashmir was the biggest state in the sub continent situated in the northern part of Indo Pak continent having boundaries with _____________.
d. All of them
2. State of Kashmir was purchased by Ghulab Singh for ____________.
a. Rs.8.5 million
b. Rs.7.5 million
c. Rs.9.5 million
d. Rs.5.5 million
3. Against the arbitrary and repressive rule of Dogra dynasty a movement from the platform of Kashmir Muslim Conference led by Sh. Abdullah and Ch. Ghulam Abbas was launched which resulted into the first battle for freedom fought in ____________.
4. Which of the following factors made Kashmir a whole lot important for Pakistan?
a. River Indus, Jhelum and Chenab have their sources in Kashmir
b. Kashmir is a continuation of the plains of Pakistan into mountains
c. Kashmir had its only road and railway links with Pakistan
d. All of them
5. After partition a large scale Muslim massacre was planned to turn the Muslim majority into minority by the Dogra ruler. In the massacre how many innocent Muslims were killed?
6. The Hindu Raja could not control the uprising of Muslims against his oppressive rule and made an appeal to Indian government. What condition was laid down by Indian government?
a. Cancel the treaty with Pakistan
b. Invite Indian army in the state
c. Accession of state with India
d. Establish diplomatic relation with India
7. When Indian forces landed in Kashmir Quaid-e-Azam ordered general Gracy the then C-in-C of Pakistan army to attack Kashmir which he refused on the pretext that _____________.
a. Pakistan forces are scattered so not in a position to attack
b. Can not take action without the orders of supreme commander of Indo-Pak forces
c. After accession India had the right to capture the state
d. Pakistan has no access to the state
8. Just after partition the first war was fought on the issue of Kashmir. India in view of its bad military position in Jammu and Kashmir made a frantic appeal to UNO on _______________.
a. 15th February, 1948
b. 25th December. 1947
c. 10th January, 1948
d. 1st January, 1948
9. When did security council passed two resolutions urging both countries to withdraw to their previous positions so that verdict of the people of Kashmir may be ascertained?
a. 3rd August, 1948 and 5th January 1949
b. 1st January, 1948 and 5th January 1949
c. 3rd August, 1948 and 2nd February, 1949
d. 13th August. 1948 and 10th January, 1949
10. When the armed revolt spread throughout the Kashmir the Hindu Raja in order to divert the attention of people signed a treaty with Pakistan to keep the situation normal and maintain religious and cultural relations with Pakistan in __________.
a. July 1947
b. June, 1947
c. September, 1947
d. September, 1947
11. ‘Chenab Formula’ to resolve the Kashmir dispute was present by _____________.
a. Sardar Abdul Qayyum Khan
b. Ali Shah Gilani
c. Barrister Sultan Mahmood
d. None of the above
12. Why Quaid-e-Azam said that Kashmir is a life line of Pakistan?
a. Kashmir contains huge reserve of mineral resources.
b. It is the most beautiful place on earth.
c. All five major rivers of Pakistan originate from Kashmir.
d. None of the above.
13. The total length of ‘Line of Control’ in Kashmir is about ___________.
a. 720 km
b. 820 km
c. 620 km
d. 920 km
14. When the cease fire line was drawn in Kashmir?
15. All Parties Hurriyat Conference is an alliance of ____________.
a. 18 parties
b. 23 parties
c. 19 parties
d. 21 parties
16. Out of 14 districts of Jammu and Kashmir, the Muslim majority districts are _____________.
17. The percentage of Muslims in Jammu and Kashmir is ______________.