51. If a magnetic needle is freely suspended at the geographic North Pole
(a) The needle will remain vertical with its N-pole downward
(b) The needle will remain almost vertical with its N-pole downward
(c) The needle will remain vertical with its S-pole downward
(d) The needle will remain almost vertical with its S-pole downward.
52. South Pole is located in the continent of
53. The atmospheric pressure at any place is measured by
(b) Pressure meter
54. Which mountain system lies between the Black Sea and the Caspia Sea?
55. Which of these cities once served as the capital of Japan?
56. Which peninsula lies between the Black Sea and the Sea of Azov?
57. On the banks of which river is the city of London located?
58. Which among the following trees is considered the tallest in the world?
(d) Date palm
59. Which country was earlier known as Siam?
60. Which is the largest country in the Arabian Peninsula?
(c) Saudi Arabia
61. Which river forms the Grand Canyon in the United States?
62. Which of these cloud forms is found at the highest altitudes?
63. Thickness of atmosphere around the earth is
(c) 145 km
(d) 195 km
64. Atmosphere around the earth maintains its
65. The layers of atmosphere are divided into
(a) Two parts
(b) Three parts
(c) Four parts
(d) Five parts
66. Above the earth’s surface, troposphere extends to a height of
(a) 08 km
(b) 12 km
(c) 20 km
(d) 15 km
67. Which next layer is above the troposphere?
68. The mesosphere extended above the earth’s surface is up to
(a) 60 km
(b) 65 km
(c) 80 km
(d) 85 km
69. Which one of the following phenomena occurs when water vapour condenses around a particle of smoke?
70. Lines joining places of the same earthquake Intensity are known as
(c) Isoseismal lines
71. Canola refers to special type of oil seed mustard varieties bred for human consumption. The main characteristic of these varieties is that the
(a) Seeds have very high oil content
(b) Oil is rich in unsaturated fatty acids
(c) Oil has long shelf-life
(d) Oil has very low Erucic acid content
72. Which ore of the following lakes forms an international boundary between Tanzania and Uganda?
73. Which of the following countries has highest percentage of land under cultivation?
74. Which form of iron has got the highest carbon content?
(a) Mild Steel
(b) Stainless Steel
(c) Wrought Iron
(d) Cast Iron
75. Rows of trees grown along the coastal areas Ic reduce the impact of cyclones are known as
(a) Wind breaks
(d) Shelter belts