326. Deciduous trees are those:
(a) That grow up straight
(b) That grow plenty in dry places
(c) That never bear fruits
(d) That shed their leaves during a certain season
327. Black Forest is the name of mountain present in
328. Which of the following regions gets no rainfall throughout the year?
(a) The Equatorial Region
(b) The Tundra Region
(c) The Himalayan Region
(d) The Mediterranean Region
329. Where was the world’s lust oil-well drilled in the nineteenth century?
(a) Baku in Russia
(b) Titusfills in Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
(c) Digboi in AssamIndia
(d) Dhahran in Saudi Arabia
330. Venice in Italy and Vienna in Austria are famous for
(b) Glass industry
(c) Chemical industry
(d) Textile industry
331. Match the following:
|A. Sheffield||1. Germany|
|B. Detroit||2. England|
|C. Baku||3. France|
|D. Munich||4. Azerbaijan|
A B C D
(a)2 5 4 1
A B C D
(b)2 4 5 3
(c) 3 5 4 1
(d) 5 1 4 2
332. Which one of the following is a landlocked county?
333. Which crop is affected by the disease called blast?
334. Which of the following practices of cultivation can be referred to as crop rotation?
(a) Different crops in different seasons
b) Different crops in the same season
(c) The same crop in different seasons
(d) The same crop in different fields
335. Match List I with List II and select the correct answer by using the codes given below the Lists:
|List I||List II|
|(a) Barley||1. Hot and dry climate with poor soil|
|(b) Rice||2. Cool climate with poor soil|
|(c) Millets||3. Warm and moist climate with high altitude|
|(d) Tea||4. Hot and moist climate with rich soil|
336. Which one of the following fertilizers contains a high percentage of nitrogen?
(b) Ammonium nitrate
(c) Ammonium sulphate
(d) Calcium nitrate
337. Which of the following is the correct group of Kharii Crops?
(a) Rice, Millet, Maize, Cotton
(b) Jowar, Bajra, Rice, Cotton. Jute, Gram
(c) Groundnut, Bajra, Barley, Sorghum, Wheat
(d) Wheat, Barley, Gram, Mustard
338. Which country tops in the production of coconut in the world?
(b) Sri Lanka
339. Jute requires hot, moist climate with adequate amount of rain arid rich soil. Which country in the world is leading in jute production?
340. Cocoa is a tropical plant and requires heat and moisture. Which of the following countries is leading in cocoa production in the world?
(d) Ivory Coast
341. Coffee requires hot and moist climate and grows best on slopes. Which of the following countries is leading in coffee production?
342. More or less like coffee, tea requires warm, moist, tropical climate and grows well on hill slopes. Which of the following countries is leading in tea production?
(c) Sri Lanka
343. For which crop, back volcanic soil and tropical climate is most suitable without excess rainfall?
344. Higher summer temperature, stiff soil capable of supporting heavy weight of plant are essential for
345. Which is the largest cotton producing country in the world?
346. Wheat being a plant of temperate zone grows well on plains away from sea and having moderately dry climate. World’s maximum production of wheat is obtained from
347. Which country leads in production of barley among the following?
348. Groundnut crop is the monopoly of
349. Which of the following countries is known as Island of Cloves?
350. Which country has extensive mechanized agriculture and which is the main crop produced in that country?
(a) Australia — Wheat
(b) Soviet Union — Maize
(c) USA Wheat
(d) North America — Wheat